At our monthly specialty evening auctions, we meticulously curate the most desirable items and showcase them in a tastefully designed showroom with high-quality photographs and detailed descriptions. To ensure that a prized possession reaches the right audience, we offer additional marketing for national and international exposure. With a pre-bidding and inspection period of three days, there is ample time to secure that perfect piece.
There are two types of specialty auctions, no matter which auction you attend, you can expect the same level of expertise, care, and attention to detail that sets us apart.Request Appraisal
We take pride in selecting only the most exceptional and important pieces of antique furniture, clocks, watches, jewellery, sterling silver, bronzes, lighting, mirrors, rugs, tapestries, porcelain, objets d’art, and other intriguing oddities. Each item is thoughtfully curated and displayed in our Showcase Room, where our team pays careful attention to their arrangement, creating an aesthetically pleasing and captivating presentation.
Step back in time with our expertly curated collection of Danish-designed furniture and contemporary artworks. For this sale, we transform our showcase room into a tribute to the enduring style of the 1960s and 1970s, a period that still resonates in our city’s celebrated mid-century design scene. Our collection showcases the best of Scandinavian and Australian designers, as well as contemporary local furniture makers, featuring ceramics, glass, lounges, dining suites, sideboards, lighting, mid-century and contemporary art.
1. Request an appraisal and upload your images
2. We receive the request and forward it to the right specialist at Scammells
3. Our Appraisers assess the items over the next 24-48 hours, researching and finding the most up to date values
4. Your appraisal is compiled and formatted by our appraisal team
5. Whilst this is happening you will receive some handy information by email from our Appraisal Department
6. Within 72 hours (3 days in the old language) you receive your appraisal by email